Monday, April 11, 2005

Kevin Is Home!

I had a rather irritating experience after having been off the bus from the airport, and in Manhattan for only minutes.

The bus from Newark conveniently dropped me off at the corner of 34'th and 8'th, right in front of the subway train I needed. I was stoked and immediately walked down to get my metro card.

I thought briefly about just getting it from the attendant, but decided to use the machine instead. No one ever gets ripped off by them, right?

Mother fucker! The goddamn thing ate $23 of my dollars and then jammed up and shut down, not spitting out either a metro-card or cash. I was QUITE irritated. The lady in the booth gave me a number and said to call and they'd send me a credit.

"A CREDIT?!" I protested. "This is a big chunk of change for me right now! Are you serious??!?!"

"Serious as a heart attack!" was her snappy response. This angered me further, and in the end I ended up forking up another $24 dollars to her, rather then chance using any machine ... possibly ever again.

I got checked into the hotel I'm going to be staying at while I get settled and such ... got crafty and made a bowl to smoke some dope out of from a Nestea Iced Tea can, then walked around the village for a bit with my MP3 player blarin some good tunes.

I'm sitting at the Easy Everything internet cafe in Times Square contemplating what to do with my night. I've texted a few friends, and will probably see one of them later. Brian, the boy I met while on my vacation here a few weeks ago may end up texting me to hang out later... which would be a super groovy first night.

But... if the past few days have taught me anything it's that when I try to make something happen, it never seems to work out the way I want. I think I'm going to try just going with the flow for a little while ... just let what's going to be, be.

Yeah, I think I'm just gonna chill tonight. I'm home... and if it's going to be an exciting night, or if it's gonna be a boring night with nothing too exciting to do ... Either way, I've got plenty more nights just like it ahead ... It really does feel good to be back.

Tommorrow... the search for my first NYC waitering job. Now THAT should be a day to write about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home