Saturday, April 01, 2006

Excited In Denver

One of the things I like about having a laptop is the ability to pop a squat, sit down and write wherever I want.

As I write this, I’m sitting in a airport bar in Denver waiting for my connection to Tucson. Ah - Arizona!

Who’da thunk it? I’m going to the desert and I’m as psyched as I could possibly be. I spent years telling Jamie to get the hell out of the desert, and instead I end up on my way TO the desert.

I’ve never been to AZ so I’m excited for that reason. I love the new and unknown.

I haven’t seen my best friend in almost a year. Excited about that too.

There will be some time spent in CA. Kind of exciting also.

The Daytime Emmys are being held for the first time in LA this year, and I’m "on the list." It’s been a few years since I’ve gone, so also an exciting prospect.

My depression has finally started to lift, and I feel like my old self again. (I almost reverted to my old "tell a bitch off" self last night, which would have jeopardized my chances of getting back some of my possessions.... Excited about getting that part of myself back. Sometimes bitches NEED to be told off.

I’m going to do some writing that has long since been overdue. Exciting, but daunting.
Yeah, I have a lot to be excited about.

I’m turning back into the Kevin who is excited about life again. I like that a lot.

I just spent a great two weeks in Maine, working at Friendly’s, and seeing my friends there who I miss terribly.

A long cry from where I was just a few months ago.

I don’t care who understands me. I’ve spent too much of the past year trying to shape other people’s opinion of myself, when the only person who can begin to know me as well as I know myself is Jamie ... who I’m going to see again in like 5 hours. (SO excited about that!)

So ... to all of you out there who don’t get me - SCREW YOU!

I get me. And I’m finally coming back to a place where that’s good enough for me.

And THAT might be the most exciting part of the whole journey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home