Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Happy 4/20 !!!

Maine held me captive a little longer then I thought it was going to. I got there Thursday night, and just finally returned to the city yesterday.

In my infinite wisdom, and to save a buck (70 of them to be exact) I decided to stay in a different "pay by the week/semi-hotel" kind of place. This ones in Williamsburg (Brooklyn) and is only one stop away from Manhattan ... but I made the mistake of going right there from the airport with luggage in tow.

Had I had some time to think about it, I probably would have chosen to go back to my West Village location and pay the extra $70. But after they showed me the room, the though of carrying my luggage half way around the city again sounded even less appealing then spending the week in that place, so laziness won out, as it usually tends to.

Last night was another one of those awesome nights though ... I met up with my friend Ari who I hadn't seen in years. (With the exception of a run-in on the street on my birthday) His number just popped back into my brain and so I decided to give him a call. I went over to his house around 7:30 and we spent the night drinking Jack Daniels and catching up.

It's amazing to me, and a real source of comfort in these transition times, to know that these people, who were my close friends during my time here in NYC before, are so willing to accept me back in their lives after being gone for so long... and it reaffirms the belief I've had for a while that this truly was the place where I was surrounded by the best people I've had in my life.

Anyway, I've been killing time in this net cafe for almost 3 hours now ... Skylar just invited me to go celebrate 4/20 with her with a little 420! :) So, I'm off to get high with my buddy ...and then ... who knows?... It's New York, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home