Monday, April 25, 2005

Silly Rabbit ...

I'm truly a fool sometimes. Anybody who knows me knows this fact about me. I'm a sucker for a sad story and a pretty face. And when the two come in one package - OI VEY!

My friend April was in town visiting this weekend, and after a bit of alcohol on Saturday night, on our way to a club, we ran into a rather attractive young man with a backpack who told a homeless man begging us for change to take a hike.

Well as it turns out, the attractive young man's name was Chris, and he too was homeless. Not your usual homeless boy though, this boy had looks, an adorable NYC accent AND the ability to charm the pants off a nun ... and nuns don't even wear pants, right?

April and I conferenced and then decided we should take him with us to the club. We were meeting up with a friend of mine, and were "on the list" anyway ... we'd just talk one more person in.

Well as it turns out, we ran into my friend Vito outside the club and all ended up going to a local pub a few blocks away. Afterwards, as we were walking April back to her hotel, and alcohol had a firm grip on my decision making abilities so I suggested that "Homeless Chris" stay at my ghetto hotel with me for the night ... I couldn't imagine just leaving him on the streets. No friends. Nowhere to sleep. Rain starting.

It's now Monday, and he's sleeping at my ghetto hotel, as I sit in Times Square and write about it. He's told me I've "made a friend for life" and I'm basically just waiting till check out tommorrow, giving him my cell phone # and telling him to keep in touch. Then it's off to stay with Skylar for a few nights, before finally heading back to Maine for the weekend on Thursday.

It's not that I want my life to be boring... But the thing is ... I've done this exact same thing at least one other time before that I can think of. LOL - OK, perhaps it's time to start learning from my mistakes.

From this day forward ... I will not take in any more bisexual, homeless grifters.

There!

Whew! I feel better now! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home