Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Oh, the drama!...

Sometimes I really can't tell which is more dramatic ... soap operas or my life.

Let's start with Sunday, as that's where it all began.

I was depressed over Jamie leaving and so my friend Tara from work and her roommate Michelle, being the nurturing wonderful people they are decided to take me out to cheer me up. We went to the Duplex and I tried to snap into fun piano bar mode.

Not two minutes after getting there, there's a tap on my shoulder. I turn around and it's "B" ... He'd only been to the Duplex one other time, and that's when I had taken him. And a few days ago I'd done a melodramatic "Lose my number" thing with him after being seemingly blown off again. Yet there he was. He had taken co-workers out to for a night of fun, and they ended up at Duplex! (Damn you fate! DAMN YOU!)

The evening was dominated by that for quite a while as I went back and forth between hating him, and trying to make peace. Eventually, I made an attempt at putting the whole thing behind us, and it was rejected. I sat and pouted, even as my favorite songs were being sung up at the piano.

Then one of those things that only happens in New York, happened. A man dressed in nothing but an actual, honest-to-goodness American flag walked in and sat next to our group.

He seemed fun, if not whimsical so I struck up a conversation with him. He's older than my usual type ... 36. But he was funny, and sexy and I needed to be in a better mood. We were kissing within 10 minutes, and left together after 30.

He gave me his cell phone number the next morning, after a night of incredible sex and some good cuddling after.

Monday night after work, while checking email I get an IM from my ex Teddy from Florida. As it turns out he and his family were in New Jersey as part of a family vacation and he was going to be in New York the next day and wanted to hang out. I wondered what would come of it ...

The next day we met up around 1. I took him to Big Cup, the local gay coffeehouse/posing spot. While there we ran into a friend of mine from Maine, who was in town for a few days. (Small fucking world we live in!) Then it was off to my work for a few drinks, and then a walking tour of 5'th Avenue. It was great to see him, but there didn't seem to be any old "feelings" stirring up so I just enjoyed the day.

That night I decided to brave my first Tuesday Pieces night without Jamie. I texted "Flag Boy" and invited him to join, which he did. I crossed my fingers that there wouldn I hadn't realized that he was actually interested in me, but it became clear as we drank and chatted, and made out some more.

I spent the night at his house, and we went for breakfast in the morning. I'd drank too much, and blacked out part of the evening. I fear that (and another embarassing incident which I shant post here) might have ruined things before they had a chance to get started. It struck me over breakfast (when the damage was already done) that he was actually much cooler then I had initially given him credit for. I thought he was funny, but vapid - and it turns out he has much depth and is quite intuitive. It's always the ones you think are just gonna be tricks who end up surprising you.

Then finally, tonight at work, after not hearing from him since the night we hung out, "Buff Boy" came in for drinks with his friends. I played off as though he was just any other customer, and used an overly polite tone to let him know that as far as I was concerned he was not a friend - just a customer.

I'm definitely lonely lately... with Jamie gone, Jackie leaving...and no boy around, I'm definitely depressed more than I have been since arriving back in New York. Sometimes you just have to embrace the loneliness though. Embrace it, and make the best of it. Often times, that's when what you're looking for actaully comes to you.

Here's hopin'!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home