Sunday, May 08, 2005

Queers, Queers, Everywhere!

There's one other server at the restaurant I work at who I've suspected might be gay. I, however, am not one of those gay men who's been blessed with the gift of "gaydar", so it's really only been a hunch.

Towards the end of the night tonight, I was getting hungry and decided to order some food from the kitchen.

"What do I want?" I wondered allowed as I was perusing the menu.

"Nothing with fish," he said with a glint in his eyes. "But you already know that."

AH-HA! I knew it!

Later as we were closing the restaurant he invited me to go to Avalon (a Sunday night gay club) with him and some friends. "If you don't mind hangin' out with a couple of gay guys." he added.

One of the other servers even asked him "You going out with your boyfriend tonight, or just friends?"

All this time, I've been worried about getting flack for being the only one who doesn't speak english, and so I haven't wanted to set myself apart even more by being "the gay one."

Apparently, I wasn't the only gay one. Just the only one hiding it. Hmmph! Imagine that!

We chatted for a while after closing, and I casually mentioned that my first bar ever was "Stonewall", which I think got the point across that I too am a cocksucker. I'm not sure he actually didn't already know, and wasn't just giving me an opportunity to say it myself, but this is the second time this week someone has assumed I was straight.

Hmm... maybe it's time to start wearing eyeliner to work?

Nah, that's a bit over the top.

Maybe just a nice lip gloss.

2 Comments:

Blogger SuperMindy said...

I love you Kevin and i miss you

<3 Mindy

10:11 PM  
Blogger SuperMindy said...

Ps add me this is my new journal

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home